January 18, 2017
We have some great news to share. Last year, Yukoners received 14,000 rebates on LED light bulbs and mechanical block heater timers. That's double the target inCharge had set for the rebates, and it compares with the 2015 numbers of only 4,000 rebates.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the program last year. Thank you as well to our retail partners, especially Canadian Tire and Home Hardware Whitehorse, who held special week-end events offering LED lights at reduced prices.
November 29, 2016
inCharge is inviting you to make this season a bit brighter for yourself and someone less fortunate than you.
We'll have a booth set up at the Whitehorse Superstore on Wednesday, Dec. 14th from 3 - 7 p.m. We'll give a free LED lightbulb to anyone who comes to the store at that time and drops off a donation for the Whitehorse Food Bank.
The food bank's top five requested food items are:
- Mac and cheese
- Canned baked beans
- Canned fruit
- Individual packs of oatmeal porridge
October 26, 2016
Do you have an electric furnace? Would you like to participate in a conservation program to help you save money on heating this winter?
inCharge is offering you a chance to try a Nest thermostat. It's a thermostat that programs itself and then pays for itself. Follow this link to learn more and to sign up.
Update: we have given away all our NESTs for this year. However we will be offering more starting in the new year. Feel free to contact us to be put on a waiting list for 2017. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 26, 2016
You will have noticed that inCharge has a new website. Some of the new features include:
1. the ability to complete and submit your rebate forms online
2. a much larger amount of information about saving electricity and money
3. tablet and device friendly
4. interactive features that allow you to figure out how much electricity you use each month, and how to reduce your costs
5. links to other Yukon energy saving programs
Please take a peak. To provide some incentive, we will give you an energy savings kit ($75 value, while supplies last) if you correctly answer two questions based on information found on the website. You can email email@example.com with your answers.
The questions are:
1. How much does the average Yukoner spend a year on lighting?
2. How much can a single-cup coffee maker contribute to your monthly electricity bill?